Thursday, February 18, 2010

MORE Project Fundraiser!

Hi,

My name is Paislee Romney, I'm seventeen and even at my young age, I have learned that my greatest fulfillment comes from helping people in need. Whether they be friends or strangers, I completely believe that everyone should have opportunities to fulfill their highest potential, and sometimes a little help from others makes all the difference.

Just last year my friend Brad went to Peru on a humanitarian trip helping to build schools and I have wanted to do something just like that ever since. Having a wickedly amazing father, Vince Romney (UltraOldGuy), he was able to bring this totally awesome opportunity to me. The opportunity I've been given is called "The MORE Project," and it focuses on helping those less fortunate living in the slums of Rio in Brazil. MORE's goal is to get families and children who are in extreme poverty out of their situations permanently. I'll be spending two weeks in Brazil with the MORE Project helping them with their efforts which include building schools, homes, teaching life-skills, educating all ages, and much more so that those in poverty can get out of that cycle and do more with their own lives and help future generations. I will be doing certain fundraiser activities and events to collect money so we can go along with the MORE project to Brazil and be apart of the whole process.

The first fundraiser I'm having is a "Dollar per Mile" endurance running event. My dad is running a solo 24 hour endurance run in Moab on the 27th of March. I am asking you to pledge $1 for every mile he runs in those 24 hours. Now any amount of money will work, whether it be a dime per mile or five dollars per mile. I am grateful for anything you can donate, as it gets me closer to being able to help the MORE project. During the event I will be putting updates of the run in this blog and I'll also be tweeting. We'll include the amount of miles, fun pictures, video and just anything else that goes on during his run.

If you are interested at all in helping us, stay tuned to our blog and we'll have a link setup on our page where you can pledge. I would also like your help with ideas. If you have any great ideas for Fundraiser events please post a reply to this blog. I will be 100% grateful for any good ideas you can come up with for raising money. And not only will I be thankful, but those families and children in Brazil the MORE Project helps will be too because you made it possible. Thank you so much for looking into this and I look forward to hearing your ideas and seeing you donate.

Thanks,

Pais

No comments:

Post a Comment