Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dialed In

The constant "tweaking" I referenced in the last post has continued, but after my last couple of runs, I honestly think I have the left foot totally dialed in, and am really close to getting the right foot dialed in too. The real fun part is ahead... Once I get these dialed in, I'm going to go visit Dr. Seegmiller and ask the loaded question: Can my orthotics be re-done to accommodate the tweaks so I don't have "franken-footbeds"? You'd think so for the price, but... stay tuned.

I'm also totally psyched for the Red Hot 50K! (http://mas50.com/redhot/) Several other Ultra Runners I know will be there and it'll be great to meet up again after the several months since the last race. I never really think I'm going to be all that pumped up about a race, but then a couple weeks out it starts to build and just keeps growing till race day. Honestly, it's that feeling that really drives me from race to race, and keeps my training relatively consistent. It's a great space to be in, and one I certainly hope to stay in for a long, long time.

1 comment:

  1. Ray and I would love to come cheer you on for one of these races! Keep us in the loop!

    ReplyDelete