Thursday, September 23, 2010

About to roll for Logan!

Aid station drop-bags are packed and organized, headlamps, flashlights, and backups gathered, gear is counted and re-counted, Pacers given last instructions, cooler packed, and I think… I’m ready. Heading up to drop off the drop-bags, attend the pre-race meeting, weigh-in, and then get some sleep in! I’ve felt this nervous anticipation in the past; before my first 50K, my first 50 miler, my first 100K… so I guess it makes sense that my first 100 miler should have the same psychological and physiological precursors. I am truly overwhelmed by the support everyone has shown, and continues to show. Thank you ALL for your help, good thoughts, and support! Especially for such a silly pursuit! Next posting will be from the START! Woooooohoooo!

3 comments:

  1. Vince! We'll be watching and pulling for you! Even though I can't figure out why in the world you are doing this, I'm SO impressed with your self-discipline and determination, and you inspire me. Hey, I might even get up early and go walking in the morning ;)

    Sure love you - you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

    With love,
    Ros

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vince, good luck! I can't believe you're doing this. I've been training like a fool to run a 5k and you're going to run 30 times that far. I can't even imagine! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Devin cracks me up. Good Luck Vince, you are going to do great! We'll be cheering you on at the MORE Project! GOOOOO VINCE!!

    ReplyDelete